Our company complies with the rules of conduct of the Electronics Industry CSR Council (EICC) to
establish a safe working environment, to ensure respect of workers, and to promote environmentally friendly and ethical business operations.
- Forced labor and sudden change of job is prohibitied, and voluntary employment and retirement is guaranteed.
- Employment is prohibited for those who did not finish compulsory training and 15 years of age and under. Dangerous work is prohibited for workers under 18 years of age.
- We guarantee at least 1 day off per 7 working days and observe less than 60 working hours per week.
- Minimum wage, overtime pay and basic benefits (4 major insurances, severance pay, vacation etc.) are guaranteed.
- We protect our employees from sexual harassment, sexual violence, physical punishment, mental and physical pressures.
- All employees without discrimination have the opportunity for employment, promotion, compensation and training.
- We strive for close and intimate interactions between management and laborers.
- We guarantee the freedom to form unions set by law.
- Truly listen to our workers though open conversations and lifting the worry of blackmail or revenge.
Safety and Health
- For the safety of our workers, we provide training for preventive design, control, maintenance management, working procedures (locking devices).
- Identify and evaluate emergencies to notify workers, evacuation procedures, emergency drills and preparation procedures to minimize impacts in case of an emergency.
- Establish procedure systems to prevent, manage, track and report industrial accidents and related illnesses.
- Identify, evaluate and control exposures of chemical, biological, physical factors of workers.
- In case of administrative controls failure of risk exposure, use appropriate protective equipment and measures.
- Identify and control manual work, heavy work, repetitive heavy weight work and long-term standing work.
- Provide and maintain safety assessment of production facilities and equipments, provide physical protection and barriers for dangerous equipment.
- Provide employees with clean restrooms, clean drinking water, sanitary cooking and dining areas, and storage facilities.
- Provide clean and safe dormitories, emergency exits, hot water and heating, ventilation, reasonable personal space and access.
- Obtain and maintain necessary licensing, always apply most recent revisions.
- Make efforts to fundamentally reduce and eliminate all forms of waste including waste water and waste energy by modifying facility processes, recycling and reusing, maintaining and replacing materials.
- Identify potential environmental contamination chemicals and substances, manage safe handling, moving, storing, reusing and recycling for reliable disposal.
- We strive to identify, monitor and control characteristics before air emissions of volatile organic compound, aerosoles, corrosives, particulate powders, and ozone layer destructors.
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations and customer requirements to restrict specific materials for recycling and product disposal labeling.
- Strictly prohibit all forms of bribery, corruption, coercion, embezzlement and monitor, control and enforce measures to to ensure transparent transactions between companies and compliance with anti-corruption laws.
- Strictly prohibit receiving and provisioning of all forms of bribery and other benefits for unjust and improper profits.
- Corporate activities, financial status and performances shall be disclosed in accordance with the law and customs.
- Transfers of technology and company know-hows are protected by intellectual property rights.
- We strive to comply with competition standards, fair trade, advertising, and protection of customer's personal information.
- Maintain programs that protect business partners and whistleblowers to ensure confidentiality.
Prohibited minerals in conflict zones
- We are actively responding by establishing a foundation for cooperation with customers to prevent the use of minerals from conflict zones.
- Encourage partners to recognize the importance of regulations through the dissemination of EICC Code of Conducts.
- We check the informations regarding use of minerals in conflict areas on a regular basis.
Conflict minerals management policy
Nexcon Technology will actively participate in International efforts to prevent the usage of conflict minerals with our partners and customers to fulfill our legeal and
social responsibilities, and protecting the basic human rights of Congo and its surrounding countries.
In accordance with the Conflict Minerals Management Policy, the usage of any conflict minerals will be throughly invetigated and continuously monitered to ensure that no conflict minerals are included in the production supply chain.
※ About conflict minerals
Conflict Minerals are refered to minerals such as gold, cobalt, tin, tantalum, tungsten produced in Congo and neighboring countries. The funds generated from Conflict Minerals are flowing into the armed forces in the country and used to kill their own citizens, and violation of human rights through forced labor, child labor, abusing women during the mining process. After growing international concerns, U.S. Congress enacted the 2010 Dodd-Frank Financial Regulatory Reform Act that requires companies listed on the U.S. Stock Market to investigate the usage and origin of conflict minerals and conduct due dilligence on their supply chains and must report the results to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Nexcon Technology requires all of our partners to strictly comly with our Conflict Minerals Management Policy and to perform the following procedures.
① Apply International standards to regulate Conflict Minerals and to establish a process for compliance with the law and to actively support the Acti-use activities promoted by the EICC and the Global e-Sustainability Initiative (GSI)
② In order to determine the name of factories and locations of smelters that use tin, tantalum, tungsten, gold, cobalt used in their products, using the Conflict Minerals Report Questionnaire provided by EICC-GeSI, our partners are required to :
1) Partners shall make positive efforts in good will to determine the names and locations of smeltering factories.
2) Partners shall prepare a report on the usage of Conflict Minerals at the request of our company and submit it in a timely manner.
3) If dangerous situation arises in the supply chain, partners shall take corrective actions in a timely manner.
If Nexcon Technology does not receive sufficient information from our partners to verify the use of Conflict Minerals and if any misinformation is found, and if the partners found a risk on the supply chain but did not take adequate actions, Nexcon Technology may discontinue business.